Sustainability & Environmental Protectionliving up to a common goal
In recent years, we have come a long way on the road to greener business practices, while meeting our guests' quality and service expectations. Finally, we have successfully completed certification by the Austrian Eco Label!
Here we want to outline the steps and commitments we have made.
Sustainability and environmental protection shall not be a goal only. We see it as an ongoing process. One that needs to be lived every day. We ask you, our guests: Join us on this journey.
We are convinced that even small steps are important contributions to save and improve the world for us and future generations.
Daily effort and commitment is required to make a difference!
Food & Beverage
The products we use and the suppliers we trust are carefully selected. The consistent application of our concept in all areas is very important to us:
- using regionally sourced organic (BIO) products at breakfast, minibar, and room service whenever possible
- giving preference to unpackaged or environmentally friendly packaged products
- using European fruits and vegetables whenever available; If not available (e.g. bananas), we prefer certified Fair Trade products, organically grown of course
- no capsule coffee in-room
- beverages in reuseable glas bottles or recyclable packages (no PET-bottles and no aluminium cans)
Graphik ©Dibella b.v. 2019
Textiles & Laundry
In cooperation with our textile service provider laundry is taken care of in a environmentally friendly way:
- towels, duvet cover and pillow slip made of 50% organic fairtrade cotton
- bedding (pillows, duvets) from Austrian Manufacturing (Fa. Hefel)
- Using Eco-Lable certified detergents
Energy & Water
To conserve energy and reduce our ecological footprint the following measures are in place:
- energy efficient heating technologies
- intelligent occupancy based room temperature control for heating in 80% of the rooms
- electric energy from 100% renewable sources (according to the utilities contract)
- Using LED-lighting whenever possibe
- water conserving system for all hand showers
- periodic monitoring of energy and water consumption
Waste & Recycling
To reduce waste and ensure environmentally friendly disposal or recycling the following measures are taken:
- separation and recycling of PET bottles and cans (from guests), plastic packaging/bottles, beverage paper/composite packages
- separate waste bins for recycling and residual waste
- using water filters instead of bottled demineralized water where necessary
- no small in-room single use flacons for shampoo and other amenities by default (only available upon request). Instead we provide shampoo/soap dispensers (bottles are returned to supplier for recycling)
- no small throw-away in-room amenities (nail file, shoehorn, shower cap, etc...) by default, available on request only
- step-by-step continous effort to reduce waste (eg. switch to reuseable plastic trays for egg supply, instead of throw-away paper-trays)
- Only reusable bottles for beverages (beer, cola, sparkling water)
Garden & Biodiversity
natural garden - a resource for bees
In 2021, we have decided to convert the lawn in the courtyard into a bee-friendly natural garden area. Local, non-invasive plants blooming throughout the year have been selected to provide food for bees, butterflies, etc.
Addionally two old apple varieties and wild roses have been planted. Valuable wall climbing plants improve the micro climate.
No synthetic pesticides or fertilizer are used.
Ecolabel (e.g. EU Ecolabel) certified detergents and cleaning agents are used for daily housekeeping, cleaning and laundry.
To minimize the use of chemical cleaning agents, automatic dispensing systems and highly efficient cleaning tissues are used.
Ecolabel certified products are used for supply of paper towels, toilet paper, and printing paper.
We would be delighted if you, as our guest, would support our efforts and actively contribute to a healthy environment for ourselves and our children in that you will
- close the windows, when the heating or the air conditioning system is on,
- turn off the light when you leave the room,
- do not leave the water running unnecessarily and use the economy button when flushing the toilet; please notify us in case of a leaking tap or toilet flush,
- towels on the floor means: please change,
- please separate your waste and put it in the designated containers,
- appreciate precious foods and help to minimize food waste,
- preferably use public means of transportation and bicycles,
- protect fauna and flora during your trips,
- respect regional customs,
- preferably purchase regional, environmentally friendly and low-waste products.
Thank you very much for your support! Your ideas and suggestions for improvement are most welcome!
For questions or comments to this topic please contact Nadine Spieß (Email at firstname.lastname@example.org).